The “Winds of Winter” was great
The Game of Thrones season 6 finale “The Winds of Winter” was satisfying. Let me count the satisfactions.
- The opening scenes of Cersei, Tommen, the High Sparrow and others donning their attire. Yeah. Shit is about to go down.
- Walder Frey going about being the lecherous old freak that he is, when bam! Arya Stark makes him eat his kids and cuts his throat!
- Cersei just says fuck it and blows everyone up!
- Jon Snow and Sansa sitting atop the wall in Winterfell felt so right.
- Old Lady Tyrell giving those Dornish sisters what’s what.
- That little Mormont girl calling all those big Northern dudes out for not heeding the call.
- All those big Northern dudes a minute later: “Da King in da Norf!”
- That flashback at the end: whoooaaa, so Jon Snow is Jon Targaryen? Such intrigue. Will he get it on with Sansa? I guess she’s still his half-sister. Or what about with Daenerys? But now she’s his… aunt? But if he’s not a Stark by paternal lineage, what about this newly-refangled Northern alliance?
If I had the data on every television episode I’ve ever watched in terms of satisfaction per minute, I bet this would be in the top 5.